Friday 9 January 2009

What's it all about?

Welcome to Two Guys, a Girl and a Thing, the newest home of everyone's favourite Fantastic Foursome on the blogosphere. I'm active around the internet from Alvaro's to CBR under various names, most commonly 'Doctor of Doom', though a few people may know me as 'Magneto Rocks' and the majority... not at all... but other than one extremely brief attempt, I've never had a blog before. I figured that to start with, I should probably note what the blog is actually about. In essence, it's about exactly what it says in the title- all things Fantastic Four. Why the Four? Because they're my favourite property in all of comicdom, and they're criminally underrepresented on the Internet. So what does that entail? As I see it, it includes-

-Reviewing new issues as they come out

-Linking to and sharing my views on any FF-related news.

-Discussing anything relevant to the Four- this includes anything relevant to their friends and enemies

-And finally and most importantly, what I see as the site's main function- at least once a wee- hopefully more frequently- I'll be going through Fantastic Four issue by issue starting from the beginning and posting my thoughts, views and general analysis. The inspiration for this comes from the wonderful Fourth World Fridays. (See my links bar!) As with that blog, I may mock, cajole and even be insulting or incredulous, but please, don't doubt for a second that the first 100 issues or so of Fantastic Four are to my mind probably the best comics ever written. Though even that may not quite excuse Doom's pet tiger.

From time to time, I may also post general thoughts on non-Four stuff, but I'll try to keep that to a minimum where possible.  Feel free to post thoughts, comments, feedback or whatever you want, and please- forgive my poor attempts at humour which may be liberally scattered throughout. And let's try and have some fun. 

4 comments:

  1. I don't remember Doom having a Tiger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doom --

    Catchy title! Sounds an awful lot like "Two Girls, A Guy, and Some Comics"!

    ;)

    And I could never imagine you being mocking nor insulting.

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tricia- Oh, you will. It is coming. Fantastic Four #5. IT IS COMING! ;)

    Doug- Apologies, hope you didn't take any offence. I honestly had compeletely forgotten about you guys, which was EXTREMELY remiss of me. :( But honestly, as I've explained elsewhere, the name came from the TV show and a joke with my friends from the time of the first FF movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think CC caught the tv show reference, but I didn't.

    Of course now, I'm having so much fun reading the entries (I re-visit your blog every so often, to see if there are any updates and/or new comments),I no longer have time to care one way or the other about your choice of title!

    ReplyDelete